How to integrate social media into your business
Since the advent of social media, people are now only one click away from getting in touch with their favourite brands.
Whilst seen as an add-on to businesses in the past, it is now becoming an essential part of any interconnected business who is serious about spreading the word about their brand.
One of the biggest barriers to businesses adopting Social Media is integration into their current business practices. Time after time, we have come across companies that set up Social Media accounts, to only neglect them, leaving them entirely unused and out of date.
So how do you go about integrating Social Media into every aspect of your business? Companies typically do not have the resources to be on every social media platform, so how do you prioritise? Choose the social media platforms that best fit your company’s target audience and brand positioning. For example, Facebook and Twitter tend to reach a broad demographic, while Instagram and Snapchat have a younger user base.
What can Social Media integration offer your business?
Social media has many inherent traits which are different to other more traditional forms of marketing. Customers can get their news direct from source; whether it’s from the company Twitter feed, Facebook page, or other social network. You can engage with your customers on a daily basis, offering support, exclusive deals or providing the latest news on your products.
Advertising on social media also allows you to extend the reach of your business, and any content you are generating. The fact that people put their personal preferences online means that you can extend your reach to people who may genuinely be interested in what you have to offer.
The more followers you gain means the more people who will follow your future news posts, and keep up to date with your business, and what you can offer them. This allows you daily exposure to new potential customers.
It is unlikely that a customer will continually return to your company website, but by creating social media platforms you can continue to engage with your customers on a regular basis and direct them back to your website when new information is added.
What can Social Media be used for?
1. Gain valuable customer insights – through regular engagement you can gather relevant customer data and use that information to make smarter business decisions.
2. Increase brand awareness – you make it easier for your customers to find and connect with you and you’re more likely to increase customer retention and brand loyalty.
3. Increase website traffic – one of the biggest benefits of social media for businesses is using it to increase your website traffic but directing customers to new information on your website via social media posts.
4. Improve search ranking – the more social media shares and likes you receive the higher you will rank in search engines.
5. Monitor your competitors – you can gain key information about what your competitors are doing by monitoring their social media accounts and help you to stay ahead of them.
6. Share content faster and easier – by sharing new content on your social media platforms it reaches your customers instantly and in the shortest possible time.
7. Relationship building – social media is a two-way channel where you can enrich the relationships you have with existing and potential customers. This dialogue is something that cannot be achieved with traditional forms of marketing.
Contact us today to find out how we can help get you started on social media to help grow your business. We can help set up your social media accounts, schedule posts, engage with your customers and monitor your success.